Our team of Romanian lawyers offer a wide variety of legal services in the real estate law, such as:
- Acquisition and alienation of real property (land and buildings);
- Acquisition, sale and development of real estate projects;
- Documentation for obtaining building permits;
- Architectural and construction agreements;
- Contracts for services, project and facility management;
- Leases, including institutional leases;
- Sale and leaseback contracts, easement agreements, mortgages and agreements on preemptive rights;
- Construction issues, including contracts on construction, project documentation, construction supervision;
- Structuring real estate investments, in
In Romania, the Due Diligence procedures we consider absolutely important in order to safely purchase a property in Romania. Depending on the type of property you are looking to purchase there can be two types of Due Diligence procedures to be taken:
- Basic Due Diligence:
- This includes verification of the property’s Title Deeds and Land Survey documents as well as obtaining an extract from official Romanian Land Registry (“Cartea funciara”).
In-depth Due Diligence can include, but is not limited to:
- Verification of the property from the point of view of the possibility of being involved in ongoing litigations at the Court archives in the area.
- Verification and comparison of the Land Survey documents, topographical and other information required for future development. (the situation of the electricity poles in the area, whether they can be moved from the location if needed etc.)
- the occupation coefficient of the land: what percentage of the land can be built upon.
- drafting the sell/purchase pre-contract, the contract and providing assistance with the proceedings and the Public Notary at the moment of sale.