Our website address is https://lawyersinromania.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
The personal information we collect
We may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including through your use of our Site, when you contact or request information from us, when you engage our legal or other services or as a result of your relationship with one or more of our staff or clients.
Our primary goal in collecting personal information from you is to help us:
- verify your identity
- deliver our Services
- improve, develop and market new Services
- carry out requests made by you on the Site or in relation to our Services
- investigate or settle inquiries or disputes
- comply with any applicable law, court order, other judicial processes, or the requirements of a regulator
- enforce our agreements with you
- protect the rights, property or safety of us or third parties, including our other clients and users of the Site or our Services
- for recruitment purposes, and
- use as otherwise required or permitted by law.
To undertake these goals we may process the following personal information:
- If you are a visitor to the Site:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including the company you work for, email address and social media accounts where appropriate.
- Demographic information such as your address, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to the provision of Services.
- If you are an individual client in receipt of our Services or prospective individual client:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including the company you work for and email address, where provided.
- Payment information.
- Information that you provide to us as part of us providing the Services to you, which depends on the nature of your instructions to LawyersinRomania.
- Relevant information as required by Know Your Client and/or Anti-Money Laundering regulations and as part of our client intake procedures. This may possibly include evidence of the source of funds, at the outset of and possibly from time to time throughout our relationship with clients, which we may request and/or obtain from third-party sources. The sources for such verification may comprise documentation which we request from you or through the use of online sources or both.
- The information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events, including dietary requirements which may reveal information about your health or religious beliefs.
- Other information relevant to the provision of Services.
LawyersinRomania is primarily engaged by corporate entities and as such those instructors are not data subjects. However, as part of such instructions personal information may be provided to us (e.g. personal information relating to any of our corporate clients’ or prospective clients’ officers or personnel, any opponent or vendor or purchaser or personal information relating to their legal advisors or personnel, as relevant or similar).
If you are an individual whose personal information is processed by us as a result of providing the Services to others (including individual clients and corporate clients) we will process a variety of different personal information depending on the Services provided.
This may include personal information relating, without limitation, to any of our corporate clients’ or prospective clients’ officers or personnel, any opponent or vendor or purchaser personal information including personal information relating to their legal advisors, other advisors or personnel as relevant or similar.
We might also need to process personal information in relation to other third parties instructed either by our own clients or other persons or companies involved with us providing the Services to our client (for instance other law firms, experts etc.).
This is a non-exhaustive list which is reflective of the varied nature of the personal information processed as part of a law firm providing legal services.
For clients and prospects, we also collect information to enable us to market our products and Services which may be of interest to you. For this purpose we collect:
- Name and contact details.
- Other business information such as job title and the company you work for.
- Areas or topics that interest you.
- Additional information may be collected such as events you attend and if you provide it to us, dietary preferences which may indicate data about your health or religious beliefs.
If you are a potential recruit to join our team:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Curriculum vitae, including your age and/or gender if you provide it to us, your education, employment history and similar matters and similar information that you may provide to us.
- Other information relevant to potential recruitment to LawyersinRomania.
The use your personal information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Fulfillment of Services. We collect and maintain personal information that you voluntarily submit to us during your use of the Site and/or our Services to enable us to perform the Services. Please note also that our Terms of Business apply when we provide the Services.
It is necessary for us to process your information to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you. It is in our legitimate interest or a third party’s legitimate interest to use your personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the very best client service we can to you or others.
- Client Services. Our Site uses various user interfaces to allow you to request information about our Services including electronic inquiry forms and a telephone inquiry service. Contact information may be requested in each case, together with details of other personal information that is relevant to your Service inquiry. This information is used in order to enable us to respond to your requests.
It is in our legitimate interest or a third party’s legitimate interest to use your personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the very best client service we can to you or others.
- Business administration and legal compliance
We use your personal information for the following business administration and legal compliance purposes:
- to comply with our legal obligations (including any Know Your Client or Anti-Money Laundering or Anti-Bribery, conflicts or similar obligations including, but without limitation, maintaining regulatory insurance);
- to enforce our legal rights;
- to protect the rights of third parties; and
- in connection with a business transaction such as a merger, or a restructuring, or sale.
Where we use your personal information in connection with a business transition, to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights of third parties it is in our or a third party’s legitimate interest to do so. For all other purposes described in this section, it is our legal obligation to use your personal information to comply with any legal obligations imposed upon us.
- Recruitment. We use your personal information for the following recruitment purposes:
- To assess your suitability for any position for which you may apply at LawyersinRomania including partner level positions, associate positions, training contract or summer placements and also any business support or services role whether such application has been received by us online, via email or by hard copy or an in-person application.
- To review LawyersinRomania’s equal opportunity profile in accordance with applicable legislation to ensure that LawyersinRomania does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability or any other basis covered by local legislation. All employment-related decisions are made entirely on merit.
Where we use your personal information in connection with recruitment it will be in connection with us taking steps at your request to enter a contract we may have with you or it is in our legitimate interest to use personal information in such a way to ensure that we can make the best recruitment decisions for LawyersinRomania. We will not process any special category data except where we are able to do so under applicable legislation or with your explicit consent.
- Marketing communications
- Email marketing
We use information that we observe about you from your interactions with our Site, our email communications to you and/or with Services (see the Client Insight and Analysis section below for more details of the information collected and how it is collected) to send you marketing communications.
It is in our legitimate interest to use your personal information for marketing purposes. We will only send you marketing communications where you have consented to receive such marketing communications, or where we have a lawful right to do so. Our web pages contain “cookies”, “web beacons” or “pixel tags” (“Tags”). Tags allow us to track receipt of an email to you, to count users that have visited a web page or opened an email and collect other types of aggregate information. Once you click on an email that contains a Tag, your contact information may subsequently be cross-referenced to the source email and the relevant Tag. In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to certain website administered by us or on our behalf.
By using this information, we are able to measure the effectiveness of our content and how visitors use our Site and our Services. This allows us to learn what pages of our Site are most attractive to our visitors, which parts of our Site are the most interesting and what kind of offers our registered users like to see.
We also use this information for marketing purposes.
It is necessary for us to use your personal information;
- To perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you.
- It is in our legitimate interest or a third party’s legitimate interest to use personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the Services in the best way that we can.
- It is our legal obligation to use your personal information to comply with any legal obligations imposed upon us.
- sending an email to email@example.com
- telephone no. +40733224599